I decided to take you all for a trip down memory lane! I grew up in the Eighties and have such happy memories! The first thing that comes to mind is the discovery of my love for big, bold, bright costume jewelry. Now don't get me wrong, I still love my Tiffany pieces but I LOVE to mix it up with my Swatch watch (sadly, not my original, but a replica from the Swatch Watch Store in the Florida Mall, Orlando). Finding reproduction pieces these days is as easy as walking into Target or Claire's! 
I love wearing bold bracelets but I do want to stress, not to accessorize them with a big bold necklace. Yes, your wrist and neck are aways apart but they are still competing for attention, it just looks way too busy.
You may have already noticed, I love bright, cheery, juvenile rainbow colors! You can't help but smile and think back to the day you were playing Chinese jump rope in the sidewalk with your best friend.
You may have already noticed, I love bright, cheery, juvenile rainbow colors! You can't help but smile and think back to the day you were playing Chinese jump rope in the sidewalk with your best friend.
Here are a pair of my FAVORITE earrings! They are a wee bit on the HUGE side but I don't wear them with a necklace... once again, too much competition for the eye. Too much competition for the eye just ends up looking tacky. And there is a fine line between wearing these pieces and looking cute and sassy AND tacky and dated!
Thanks for visiting...
Come back tomorrow for more Eighties memories!
Radical Rachel



























I love the 80's. I still have a lace glove (a la Madonna) lying around somewhere.
ReplyDeletei remember swatch watches. I watched girls just wanna have fun this morning, sighhh aaah the memories.
ReplyDeletedid someone say 80's? LOL yeah - i am definitely a product of the 80's!
ReplyDelete