I have seen this project a few different times and a few different ways. I thought it was pretty cool and knew I could purchase the supplies pretty inexpensively at Goodwill.
In fact, I bought the spoon, butter knife and fork for $.25 each and the frame for $1. I had the scrapbook paper in my scrap bin, the Thickers, the spray paint and the Gorilla Glue.
I was originally planning on painting the ugly frame white but ran out mid-project. So I used three different cans of black, ending with chalk-board paint! It actually gave the frame the best finish!
Then I layed the paper on top of the glass and adhered it with Aileen's Tacky Glue. Then I Gorilla Glued the utensils and Thickers on the paper.
And voila... instant Kitchen *A*R*T*
Linking up with :




and Newbie Party @ Debbiedoos Blogging and Blabbing
http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
New party over at No Minimalist Here : http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/
~Rachel
























Looks great and this is fun project!
ReplyDeleteThis is a very cute idea and I love that is was so economical!
ReplyDeleteHolly
504 Main
Cute project for an unbeatable price, and I'm a huge fan of polka dots!
ReplyDeleteLove the black and white! Very graphic and fun!! The chalkboard paint gave it a great finish.
ReplyDeleteHow adorable.
ReplyDeleteMegan, did you know that you don't have an email address associated with your blogger account?
Thanks for the visit and leaving such a nice comment.
So cute, I have never seen this project. I do the same thing, see something and then pull the idea out of the recesses of my brain months later! I found your through Debbie Doos, I am your newest follower and hope you will follow me back.
ReplyDeleteCarol
That is so cute. I love it!! Martina
ReplyDeleteNow this was a great idea and a very thrifty way to get that expensive decorator look! Good job!
ReplyDeleteLove this! Such a cute idea! Coming over from Met Monday and a happy new follower!
ReplyDeleteJeanine
So cute! I love it! Visiting from Debbiedoos and would love it if you came and checked out my blog sometime!
ReplyDeleteMy kinda project here. Thanks for joining my newbie party. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, I'll keep this one in mind, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWOW! What a great idea. Love the way it all came together. Found you over at Debbie Doos.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day, Vicky
The best ideas are always the simple ones! Problem is, I never have them... :) Great DIY! :)
ReplyDeleteFound you through Debbiedoo's Newbie party. I wish you a happy week :)
That is so adorable! Love it. Just found your lovely blog via Debbie's newbie party. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
ReplyDeleteHappy Spring!
Tammy
Over from Linda's...glad you posted this because I have a spoon I want to do this to, this is terrific!!!
ReplyDeleteCute! I think it turned out fab and yours is the first I've seen so (in my book) you get credit for creating it! :)
ReplyDeleteRachel, Thanks for the visit to my blog! Now I'm following yours! I LOVE thrifting & I LOVE what YOU do with your Fun Finds! Your 'EAT' is just what I needed for my kitchen. Off to DI I go!! Darling blog, so glad I came! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cool idea and cheap too! I love it. Thanks for sharing! I'm now following you from Debbiedoo's.
ReplyDeleteMelanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com
I really love love love this idea. Super funky. Super cute. When we redo our kitchen next millenia, I'm stealing this idea!
ReplyDeleteHi Megan, I haven't seen this project before and it is so cute! Thank you for sharing this at my new party. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sherry
I've put together a round up of great kitchen crafts on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here
ReplyDeletehttp://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-kitchen-crafts/
If you would like a Craft Gossip badge showing you've been featured, you can grab one here :)
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/