I wanted to share my scrumptious Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Tablescape with you! Partly inspired by the Annual Strawberry Festival, http://www.flstrawberryfestival.com/ , that is going on right now where I live and the fabulous strawberry pitcher I found at Goodwill last week for $4 !!!
And this 2 tiered dessert stand I made from a glass bowl, plate and candle stick I purchased from Dollar Tree! All you need is your dinnerware of choice (mixing and matching is perfect for this project!) and a dab of Gorilla Glue. And patience, which I have very little of when it comes to waiting for glue to dry!
I set the table with my other favorite thrift find, the wicker soda glasses (brimming with icy cold pink lemonade! Yes, icy cold, it was 84 degrees in Tampa this past week!)
Ah, the center of attention! I will have the recipe for you at the end of the post!
Ain't it cute!??! I fell in love!
Who wouldn't want to pull up a chair with the sun streaming in and a nice dish of strawberry shortcake waiting for YOU!?! And homemade whipped cream, too!
My husband has been caught, on several occasions, eating my famous
whipped cream right out of the container!
OK, here is the very simple recipe for my down home Strawberry Shortcake:
Make 2 dozen cupcakes {from a packaged mix- our families favorite!}
1 qt fresh, cleaned and sliced strawberries.
{Sprinkle about 1 tbsp sugar on top and set aside for 15 minutes}
Marzetti's Strawberry Glaze {found in the produce department}
1 cup heavy whipped cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1- Whip your cream with powdered sugar in your stand mixed until it is stiff and NOT RUNNY!
2- Bake, cool and cut cupcakes (that you are going to use at the time) in half.
3- Drain and mix the strawberries with the Marzetti glaze.
4- Place cupcake halves in a bowl, dollop a heaping spoonful of strawberries and glaze on top then add another heaping spoonful of the whipped cream on top.
5- Add a few more glazed strawberries and Enjoy!
{Feel free to add another couple of cupcake halves and repeat steps 4 & 5!}
One last look at my latest craft project {and a delicious display of my locally grown strawberries!}
Tabletop Tuesday @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Foodie Friday @ http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
Tabletop Tuesday @ http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/
Foodie Friday @ http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/
Thanks for visiting!!!
Rachel
Rachel




























My grandmother used to "sample" her whipped
ReplyDeletecream out of the bowl too! Those cupcakes look wonderful, and the strawberries are perfection! Thank you for your visit. I got a nice deal on the Mackenzie plates at their barn sale ;o)
Oh, how beautiful! It is way to early for strawberries around here, but I've been to Plant City many times (have to get those wonderful milkshakes) and those berries are to die for. I've never been in Florida for the Festival, but I think my daughter might be going tomorrow. Are you going to see the Doobie Brothers? I'd love to, but it is a bit far from Illinois for a concert.
ReplyDeleteI love your pitcher...so springy and just happy!
First of all....YUM! The strawberry shortcake looks delish! And I adore your new pitcher! How cute is that. Your strawberry shortcake table looks great!
ReplyDeleteStrawberry shortcake my favorite dessert. Love your red dish and good buy on pitcher. Thanks for receipe
ReplyDeleteOh how could you do this to me :-). It all looks so yummy!!!!! Beautiful pictures and looks like a great recipe.
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower visiting from Table Scape Thursday. Hope you will visit me at
http://puddlejumpercreations.blogspot.com
I love to sample my whipped cream and meringue from the bowl! How else do we know how delicious it is?! Everything is yummy!!! The shortcake looks to much for words...that pitcher is so pretty, I love it. Your table looks totally wonderful and YUMMYYYYYY..........
ReplyDeleteThese sound wonderful. The perfect summer treat.
ReplyDeleteI'm hosting a weekly link up, Sweet Tooth Friday, and I'd love to have you share your recipe. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/10/vanilla-donuts/
I just stopped by to thank you for commenting on my post and I have to say I love this recipe! It looks so tasty. The table is gorgeous and the whipped cream looks delicious! I can't wait for spring to arrive so I can enjoy some fresh strawberries of my own.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
I would love to have breakfast at this table...yummy! Thanks for visiting the other day - so nice to meet new people and find cool blogs!
ReplyDeleteLooks so pretty and delicious! Thanks for visiting the other day - so nice to meet new people and find cool blogs!
ReplyDeleteStacey of Embracing Change
The cupcakes and strawberries are just wonderful. Love your tablescape. So inviting and delicious looking. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteThe Fenton Silver Crest cake stand is really a treasure, but the strawberry pitcher makes my mouth water. Thank you for sharing your darling design. Cherry Kay
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty table, I love red so you got me the minute I opened the thread. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDelete