Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Who's Up for a Little Help With 2nites Dinner? {recipe}

Last night I made a family favorite and thought ahead to take photos of the step by step process! One of my blog goals is to give some of my kitchen tips and recipes. I am no gourmet but I do love to cook and bake cookies so I thought I would spread the love :)


Here are my Italian Chicken Cutlets!






First thing I do gather all the ingredients so I am ready, flour in a bowl for dredging, an egg/ water mixture for the breadcrumbs to stick too and then Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs, black pepper, garlic salt (mixed together in a bowl for dredging). Next I debone and skin my chicken breast.

Pound the chicken breast THIN between 2 peices of parchment paper (that is my favorite tool in the kitchen, parchment paper!)









Coat the cutlets in flour first, then the egg wash, then the seasoned breadcrumbs. Place on a plate as you coat all the cutlets. Heat a LARGE fry pan with good quality oil and get it med high as you finish coating the chicken.

Finally, fry the cutlets until golden brown, they are so thin, they will cook quickly. I always make a few extra that are VERY BROWN just for ME :)









I serve with garlic butter pasta and a one of my familiy's favorite vegi's
.

Enjoy !!!

5 comments:

  1. Great recipe!! Thanks for sharing.
    Congrats on your lovely scrap space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummo!!!! it made me hungry looking at all that fried goodness! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw you had a blog...Welcome to blog world..I will be stopping by every once in a while to see what you and your cute little boys are doing. Dinner looks good, I wish I lived closer so I could taste. Just an fyi...I received an email from two peas and a pic of your scraproom was included...so fun! TTYL Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sound so yummy! :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds great, and I love cooking too!

    ReplyDelete