Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thrift Store FUN!




Happy Saturday friends!

Just wanted to tell you about my trip to Goodwill yesterday. I started out just dropping off clothes and toys and then decided to walk around and see what treasures were begging for a new home. I stumbled upon this fabulous mini chest of drawers (that is originally part of the DIY line at Target) for $4 ! The first thing that came to mind was a new storage system for my stamps :) I just had to saunter over to the electronics to see what cameras wanted to come home and join my collection of vintage and antique cameras. I found this Polaroid and fell in love! I would have never thought to seek a Polaroid out but he called to me and I had to make him mine for just $4!!!!! Then I browsed over the book shelves and was pleasantly surprised to see that Goodwill had a FANTASTIC selection of best seller books. I am not a huge reader but I figured for $.75 each, I could hold on to them until the mood was right. So for $9.50, I had a blast discovering unwanted trash and claimed it as my very own treasure :)

4 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhh lucky you ---- you found some real goodies!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamp thingie reminds me of the IKEA drawers....excellent find! I have been stalking Goodwill's forever, and found a giant wooden picture frame for $10...going the add more pegboard storage in the new SB room after the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous finds...I recently picked up a Polaroid myself at a thrift store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...you hit the jackpot today! That drawer box is just great and I certainly could see reading both those books too. I totally understand why that camera was calling to you...it looks great and a fun blast from the past. I'm taking my youngest to hit our goodwll tomorrow, she needs a costume for a school project, and I am sure they will have something prefect for the part!

    ReplyDelete