So I signed up for FaceBook around Thanksgiving and instantly became ADDICTED. I took my neighbor, Johanna's lead and looked up a few friends from High School. It quickly snowballed into Mommy's from my kids old play groups when we lived in Boca, cousins in NJ, neighbors, scrappy friends and I even signed my Dad and Hubby up! Yes, I stole a few friends too. I found I had many things in common with a female friend hubby had in HS and began discussing recipes and kids with her, so we became fast friends. One day, when I was playing outside with the kids, my neighbor showed me some hysterical photos one of her friends posted. I so appreciated the laugh this dude gave me, I asked her if I could write him and thank him for the chuckle... hence, he is now one of my 'Friends'. So yes, I am one of those 'Friend' stealers!!!! I have blocked a few people and I have ignored a few 'Friend' requests. But all in all, I have had the most awesome of awesome experiences with FaceBook!
Just today, I had a great friend from High School come over to visit! Her in-laws live 5 minutes from me. I guess I should say I moved about 4 hours north of where I grew up and she still lives in that area with her family. We have chatted and shared some giggles on FB and arranged a little get-together today! It was so nice getting to chat with an old friend and rekindle a friendship.
FaceBook brings everyone just a few clicks away, whether you leave them a message or IM them... they are as close as they can be when you need a friend! I just wish a few of them lived closer!!!!

So of course, hubby snapped a picture of Lucci and I from this afternoon's visit! I have to try to locate a photo of her and I from High School! Oh, here is a funny tidbit that I forgot and she reminded me of... she was with me (skipping school *gasp*) when I got my first traffic ticket for running a red light! To make matters worse, I was pulled over at my nephews bustop (My nephew and I are only 6 years apart, so he was in elementary school and I was a Senior in HS!). Good times!



























So true, me too I love Facebook and found quite a lot of friends from a long time ago! Yep, me too I *heart* facebook! How great you got to meet your friends from HS!
ReplyDelete