Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Now that's what I call a SAVINGS!

I spent $3.55- at one of my local grocery stores today and got all this .... I haven't been to a Winn Dixie since the new millennium! But I ventured in one today for the sole reason of a BARGAIN!!! I quickly realized why I took such a long absence away from this chain of stores... BAD customer service and dingy, dimly lit store. But I still had a blast cashing in on the savings!They have a weekly deal called Make A Meal ... http://www.winndixie.com/Promotions/Make-A-Meal.asp. This weeks special was free gallon of store brand milk, 1/2 gallon of store brand OJ, Ready Crisp Bacon and a 12 pack of Pop Tarts with the purchase of 3 select Kellogg's Cereals. It turns out I had 2 FREE COUPONS from Kellogg's since they recalled 2 of my cereals several weeks ago (I was saving these coupons just for this very reason!) and a $1.25 off coupon with the purchase of 3 Kellogg cereals. The only thing is you needed a Customer Reward Card and when I went to customer service to attain one, they said they were out! I said it was my first time in the store and I was there for the breakfast deal. They said I could use the managers personal card. Well, when I gave them my free coupons, they had a FIT! Eventually the manager had to come over and I explained the Free Coupons were part of a recall and it was only fair that I use them with my purchase. I further explained to him that Kellogg's gives them every penny for the coupon and it really should not be a big deal. After many sighs and shoulder shrugs, I walked out spending $3.55! See the total next to the 4 astrix, by TAX? Yup, it says $3.55! I was pretty proud of myself and my husband was pretty excited when I got home and showed him the receipt! He is not the kind of guy that gets too excited about Pop Tarts but when I say they were his favorite - Blueberry and they cost me penny's... I had his attention!
Thanks for stopping by!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is a huge savings Rachel!

    Thank you for coming by and for the kind birthday wishes. I really appreciate it.

    Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete