Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mini Chalk Board Message Center

So I have a new obsession with Chalk Board (spray) paint! OK, not so new, about 9 years ago, I hauled a 6 foot cabinet from the garbage and taped off the newly painted door and covered it in chalk board paint...I have been smitten ever since!!! I made a counter-top message board out of a $.25 Estate Sale Christmas decoration! I trimmed it off with ribbon and added a well-loved piece of chalk....Simple enough supply list, white spray paint, Black Chalk Board Paint, altered item, painters tape, recycled newspaper and old computer paper and scissors.I taped off the wrong part first, in hind sight. Easier to realize AFTER you make the mistake! I say cover your main surface with chalkboard paint, wait about 4 hours and tape off that area to spray the boarder OR frame section in your accent color. I used white, it is universal!
I live in Florida and I paint everything over recycled newspaper and my front lawn (this project, I painted part of my sidewalk and my hubby was non-too-happy!)... so in the FL sun, everything seems to dry twice as fast! It probably only took my 3 hours, start to finish, for this project!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    I loved your idea so much that I had my hubby go out and get me some spray chalkboard paint. I made a framed board to put all my orders on. I have been needing it bad and I didn't even know the chalkboard paint came in Spray paint.
    Thank you for the inspiration,
    Hugs and Wishes,
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete