Friday, August 13, 2010

Chalk Board Labels

I decided to spice up my beloved flour and sugar jars. Of course, I already had my chalk board paint in hand and basically - I was looking to spray paint ANYTHING! The label idea came to me as an experiment.... would the paint adhere to simple name tags and would it NOT bend and crack as the label molded to the jars? Turns out it was a fabulous idea with great results! The only pitfall was that the letters actually showed through the paint, not color wise but they were raised and you could still read the HELLO. So I trimmed the edges and just made the actual label a little narrower. It seemed that nothing was safe from my grasp... even my simple little thrift jar I bought for $.50 for my granola! Come back tomorrow for another awesome chalk board paint upcylce project!

Linking up with ...



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up        party!

THANKS!
Rachel

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I already had chalkboard paint and was trying to figure out how to tape off my containers. This is so much easier! Have a great weekend!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea! I wanted to put chalkboard paint on some jars I have, but didn't want it to be permanent, so this is a great solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoooo...cool idea. Waht if you used a shot of primer beforehand? Maybe that would take care of the words....

    Going to get me some of that chalkboard spray paint soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used chalk board paint - yet! Love this idea.


    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable! I am definitely going to try this, thanks! Stop on over for a visit!

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a NEAT idea!!!!! Love it! I'm rushing right out tomorrow and picking up some of that paint! Then.....organizing my pantry..... lol!

    Thanks for sharing such a creative idea!

    Happy Met Monday!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete