Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Black Forrest Cookie Pie

I made this simple and delicious dessert for our PTA Welcome Back Luncheon for our teachers. The luncheon was catered by Chili's, all the Board had to do was whip up a tasty dessert. I originally planned on making Strawberry Pizza but in my lack of time to buy the strawberries, my husband suggested I make a Black Forrest Cookie Pizza instead. I had all the ingredients (I have been traveling 8 hours a week back and forth to visit my Dad in the ICU and I needed to have this dessert made after one of these long trips!) so it seemed like a plan to me!First I started with a sheet of Nestle's Mini Brownie Bites (it comes in a tear off sheet in the refrigerated cookie dough/ biscuit section). I spread the dough out on the bottom of a tart pan. And baked it for about 12-15 minutes.... keep watching, my timing is not an exact science! Let it cool for about a 1/2 hour. Then I whip a brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese with about 1/2 c powdered sugar on medium high until creamy. Taste it, you make need to blend in more powdered sugar. Top with a can of Comstock Cherries (the pie/ topping kind). I didn't add whipped cream as a topping but normally I would. I was not serving this near a fridge, but by all means, serve with fresh whipped cream!!!! I did opt to add white chocolate (Ghiradelli) shavings instead!Whenever I contribute to a potluck, I always make a tag describing what it is I made Most people like to know before they take a serving of something, so they don't waste it. At least I never like wasting someones homemade treats!Here is my yummy-licious cookie pie inviting all the hard working, awesome teachers to eat it!!!

Hooking up with Michael at Designs by Gollum http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/


Thanks for stopping by!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment