Monday, August 16, 2010

Impromptu Family Game Night

Since I have been an adult, I have loved board games. I don't really have to much of a recollection playing them as a child but discovered them in my early twenties. I have since enjoyed all the laughter and great memories that board games bring!
I decided to set up a family game night in the afternoon to surprise the family with later in the evening... well, they actually caught on and enjoyed overseeing my project, so much for surprise! I even tucked a few 'Stashes on a Stick in the beverage tub for some unexpected laughs!
I set out some of the guys favorite snacks, chocolate and creme filled cupcakes, Twizzlers, Oreos and Chips Ahoy, Bazooka and our favorite bottles of sodas, Orange Crush and Cream (complete with straws for sipping!)
And Sunchips and (MOM'S FAVORITE) Pretzel M&M's!!!!
Our new family favorites, Life (a gift from Jessica), 80's and 90's Trivial Pursuit (my 30 yr old nephew whoops my butt in this game!) and Sponge Bob Operation... fun for my 4 yr old!
YUMMMMMMMM!

My son, Zach, and I always whip out the Uno cards for a quick game or two. He loves slapping down the +4 cards for me, even if he has 6 of the current color. I call him a sore winner! But we still manage to enjoy playing together!
I think soda tastes better in a bottle. Would you agree?Bubble gum is great to chomp on when you are thinking about your trivia answers.I bought this fun and colorful piece of polka dot fabric from Walmart's fabric department and used no-sew hem tape for a more finished look. I think everyone should take the time to explore Family Game Night, whether elaborate or impromptu! Get out there and PLAY TOGETHER!My little guy knows how to use that 'Stashe on a Stick! He had me in stitches with his facial expressions!
I am linking up with Marty's weekly party (see above)
And Susan's weekly party (see above)
Thanks for playing with us!
~Rachel

6 comments:

  1. Oh how cute and fun. I would never have thought of this. We just use to grab a game and maybe a tub of popcorn and that was it. You have put together such a fun and pretty table full of treats and games. I love it all. I am sure this would get everyone excited about a great family evening. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! We love games at our house. We do have a couple of poor sports though. I'm going to remember this table for my next game night. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I moustache-k you a question, can I join you in your next family game night????

    That looks like so much fun and the treats...yum.

    Love your blog, I'm your newest follower. Stopped by from Tablescape Thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful gift for your family. Thank you for sharing your charming design with us. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun idea! I bet the kids loved it!
    Have a beautiful weekend~
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete