Wednesday, July 14, 2010

**Tablescape Thursday** Retro Red and White Candy

I am joining the fun again this week, over at Between Naps on the Porch, for Tablescape Thursday. http://www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/ and The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/
Who can resist a candy party in the middle of summer? NoT ME and I am 36! Needless to say, my kiddos were pretty darn excited when they saw the fun that awaited them this particular afternoon! Twizzlers, lollipops, candy buttons (my fav!), sugar cookies, popcorn, sour cherry soda pop and Moon Pies! Don't worry folks, they ate dinner first!
The inviting table setting!
I put out a few of cameras from my collection to add to the fun!
A fun popcorn crock I found junk shopping last week for $2! I did have to buy the ceramic red spoon, separately, while I was outlet shopping... it also cost $2...which I actually find hysterical! My bargain, not such a bargain after all! I love the appeal of red and white, reminds me of an old fashion soda fountain (my Dad was a soda jerk in the Bronx in the 1940's... I imagine this is how it looked!)Can you find my Carousel Gum Ball Machine? And it's baby?

Just to jazz them up and add pizazz... I covered the Jelly Belly Sour Cherry labels with some of my scrapbook paper and them I punched out a few scalloped circles.

Thanks for looking and leaving your compliments, I ALWAYS appreciate them!
~Rachel

14 comments:

  1. Rachel, I love the red and white, too. You've mixed patterns very effectively, and I know that the kids were ecstatic. I may need to try this for my grandsons. I have a friend who says that as a child...every once in a while, they would come in for dinner, and their mom would say, "We're having banana splits for dinner!" Not a bad idea...I can imagine how you would set up a banana split dinner...it would be darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun table Rachel! I have three sons too! This is such a happy setting, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I bet your house is everybody's favorite. Red and white are my favs too. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea, I'm sure everyone had fun! Love your popcorn crock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys must have loved this and kudos to you for giving them that little something extra. Thanks for stopping by my blog....I am sorry to learn that you don't care for seafood since you also have access to much good stuff. Hope to "see" you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table. I love it! Your little sons will always remember the fun times you make for them! Thanks for visiting Oatmeal and Whimsy! I really love the red bottle with the scrapbooking touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess your boys WERE thrilled! SO cute! I especially love the labels you added to the drink bottles. But the centerpiece is fab, too! Thanks for visiting my table this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun, festive tablescape!! I LOVE it!
    You gave me lots of ideas!
    Thanks Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel! This is such a cute idea!! I love all the labels and fun ideas! Great ideas and so creative. Thanks for joining Centerpiece Wednesdays.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I'm older than 36 and I would think this was fun! I love the red and white. The candy, popcorn, gumball machines...it is all about fun. Thanks for visiting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun table...bet the kids thought they were in candy heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever idea. We are real popcorn family so all the fun popcorn stuff would really work for us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It must be a retro red and white table day! If you stop by my post you'll see we had the same color inspiration, but I think yours is tastier

    ReplyDelete