Thursday, July 8, 2010

Party Hardy Friday ~ Game Night

Ok, I know I made this centerpiece from a movie night a few months ago, but I think you can easily adapt it for a Game Night Party! I handmade the pennant and printed it in Word, so believe me, it is easy to change!And of course, SNACKS! Chips and boxes of candies! Order a pizza and you are all set. For beverages, I recommend, fruity flavored sodas in glass bottles - that is a family favorite around this house. You can pour an icy cold glass of this refreshing ice tea! You can find the delicious recipe here http://stonegable.blogspot.com/2010/07/easy-and-delicious-stonegable-iced-tea.html at Stone Gable! Classic games like, Sorry, Monopoly and Scrabble are too good to pass up. I found each of these for under $20 each at Target. They are often on sale and are cheapest before Christmas. Stock up when you see them at a bargain price (not that $20 is alot but a bargain is a bargain!) so you always have fun on hand for an impromptu Game Night Party! I found these Melamie platters, bowls and plates in the Summer / Seasonal section of Target and they instantly reminded me of TWISTER! So fun and inviting! Perfect for some homemade brownies, chips and dip or veggies and fresh fruit!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47359205@N00/3690599750/ - I found this PHENOMENAL cake on Flickr... it is just amazing, I am actually speechless (which won't last long, I'm a windbag!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaeaster/4624676371/ - also found on Flickr. Amazing, simply, amazing!
And just to round out the game night theme, some decorations I have found junk and antique shopping.
I have been dying for vintage pool balls and I found them Wednesday at a local thrift store, a complete set for $7.50~ I did a little happy dance in the aisle! I also bought this chicken wire basket from a different thrift store that morning... with pool ball storage in mind! I think they are PERFECT and I couldn't be happier!
For fifty cents, I couldn't pass up this collections of ping pong balls to display with my other game pieces in my Living Room. And my favorite... my vintage bingo set that my nephew bought me from a local antique store. I use the cards for my papercrafts and believe me, there are plenty to spare! My almost 8 yr old, LOVES bringing me the "bowl of bingo" for a quick game or two!

Don't forget to share your Party Hardy Friday ideas here....


4 comments:

  1. I love your ideas. I did see the record idea you had before, and I loved it then.
    Those cakes are unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those plates and bowls at Target yesterday... LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your game night ideas. We play games with our grankids. The name of your blog got my attention as I raised 3 sons...now have 10 grandkids.
    Your Alice in Wonderland tablescape was great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vintage Bingo set is awesome. I am now so in the mood for a party I can't stand it! Thanks for the inspiration.
    xox
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete