Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rosette ~ Mixed Medium

My Mom recently renewed her devotion to crocheting. She has been doing it for over 50 years and is darn good at it, if I must say so! So a few weeks back, I asked her to make me a variety of flowers. I told her she had free reign to make them however she wanted... I just wanted them to be pink!
When my Mama gave me the finished 'master pieces' I kinda just let them sit on my project desk for a few... uhm, days, yeah, days. You know, waiting for inspiration to hit me upside the head. Then BLAMO- I looked at them and a book I was tearing apart to make paper flowers with and it hit me! And old fashioned corsage! With a sewing/ textile theme to go with the hand craftiness of it all! I used some goodies from my paper crafts by Cosmo Cricket, a torn book page, hat pins, ribbon and vintage lace with my Mom's flower. I am sad to report that I have no big plans for my corsage other than admiring it on my project table as I craft and surf the web!
I am joining the fun over at http://frenchcupboard.blogspot.com/2010/07/rosette-party.html The French Cupboard. Hope on over and take a peek at the other Rosettes!
Thanks for looking and leaving your comment!
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. A lovely happy treasure from your mom! Thanks for visiting my blog, glad to 'meet' you!
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a crocheter too...for 18 years and going! Your corsage is cute as can be...you need to put that baby on while you are creating...no telling what inspiration may hit! :0)

    I'd love for to drop by for a peek at my rosettes.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously cute! My favorite Rosete of all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rosette is darling! It almost looks like a wee little apron on that tiny dress form-so cute! Thanks for stopping by my nest and the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete