Sunday, July 11, 2010

Silver Sunday

I found a huge box full of my Mother In Laws silver in our garage. It has been in there for nearly 5 years and we didn't even know it! Imagine my delight when my hubster bellowed for me to come into the garage and see what he found... a big fat box chock full of decorating goodies... just for me (because no one else in the house but me would have wanted any of it!) Loot at the gorgeous handle full of ornate details. Sadly, a leg was broken off of this tea tray and it wobbled a bit but I had a solution for it.... A topper to a plain little wooden side table in my living room!
I thought it looked quite regal next to our carved wooden chair with a few vintage books, a couple of poochies and a simple lamp.
Mr. Chippy- the dusty, ceramic pooch! He wears his name well!
I am linking to Silver Sunday over at Gypsy Fish Journalhttp://thegypsyfish.blogspot.com/ - be sure to stop by and look at all the inspiration!
~Rachel

8 comments:

  1. The Perfect Fix for that Beautiful Silver Tray ~ Thanks for Sharing with us.... Happy Silver Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    what a find. I think, I will go strait to my garage and start to tidy up. May be I will find such treasures, too. No, just kidding!
    How precious that you already found it. I hope you will show us more and more over the next months. Enjoy your find and keep your MIL in good memories.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tray and great use of it with a broken leg. it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to side-step the issue of the broken foot, Rachel! I can't wait to see what else was in that box...lucky-dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, now this I love!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that silver tray...what a find. And to think you had it all that time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh, Lucky lucky you! So pretty. I've been looking for a big tray to use on my coffee table. Wish me luck.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you were able to put that beautiful tray to use. thanks for stopping by and participating in Silver Sunday see you next month....
    {{hugs}}
    Beth

    ReplyDelete