Monday, May 16, 2011

Ice Cream on the Brain!

SO would that be called brain freeze!?!?  Actually I am hosting an ice cream (recipe) swap and have been planning an End of Year Ice Cream Party for my boys on the last day of school.  I have also been busy making the party invitations, party decorations (I love making banners so this is just a great excuse!), papercrafts and ice cream shopping for the party and my swap partner!  I have to admit, it has been a blast!  And I am not even a huge ice cream eater!
While on a recent shopping trip to Joann's, I found these adorable little felt ice cream self-adhesive embellishments and they were pretty much my inspiration for new cards and my swap recipe cards.  I also use any excuse to use my paper scraps! 
These is just something vintage ice cream shop-ish about harlequin patterns.  Don't you agree? 
And all 18 French Silk Ice Cream Cake recipe cards.  I can't tell you how much I love making recipe cards and swapping them.  Well, maybe my collection of over 200 swap cards would speak for themselves! 
Close up view in case you wanted the recipe!
Partying with:
Running with Glitter


Tip Junkie handmade projects
Be back with a peek at some of the End of School Year Ice Cream Party decorations I made!
~Rachel

2 comments: