I came across a recipe for Blooming Onion Bread on Pintrest and knew, just from the photo, I needed to make it - some way - some how! I also knew I needed to modify it for my families (bizzare) taste buds!
Start with a bakery fresh roundy white or Italian bread. Do I really need to tell you to make sure it is unsliced!?!?! You are going to crisscross cut it... making sure NOT TO CUT ALL THE WAY DOWN!
Assemble the cast of characters... one stick melter butter, 1/2 to 3/4 lb fresh grated mozzerella cheese and 3 heads of fresh roasted garlic!
Quick roasting tip- cut the top 1/8 inch of the head off, place in a piece of tin foil, drizzle with olive oil and a dash of salt. Bundle the garlic and place on a baking sheet- roast for about a 1/2 hour at 350 degrees. This is when everyone in your house starts piling in the kitchen, guessing what's for dinner! One of my kids guessed Chicken Cutlets- hahaha!
Remember- freshly shredded cheese!
Last step before baking : Squeeze out the raosted, hot garlic into your melted butter and mix. I had to use my clean hands to mix it since the garlic itself is kinda buttery. Pour all ingredients in all of the nooks and crannys of the bread. Smoosh all the cheese throughout the bread. The further down, the better!!!
Cover, losely with foil, bake on 350 for about 20 minutes than uncover and back for about 10 more minutes but watch it so it doesn't get burned or too well done!
ENJOY!!!
Rachel
Rachel



























This looks SO tasty! Pinning it so I'll have it when I need it!
ReplyDeleteI made this for a party on Friday and it was a HUGE hit! Totally making it again!
ReplyDelete