Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Deep Fried Tempura Veggies

Start with a fresh assortment of your favorite veggies!  Locally grown would be fabulous!!!!  And with summer coming, alot of you have a garden full of healthy goodness rip for the picking!!!!
I purchased broccoli, mushrooms and locally grown zucchini for this recipe.
I cleaned and cut everything into bite sized pieces except the mushrooms, they shrink so I left them whole after I removed the stem.  Stuff them too before you batter them if you are feeling adventurous!
Fresh Plant City zucchini!!!!
Tempura batter:
1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 cups of seltzer water
Salt
******************
Combine with a whisk and dip veggies 
Fry in small batches so the veggies do not clump together.
Drain excess oil on a paper towel and let them cool off a little before enjoying - that is the hard part!!! 
Salt to taste. 
BON APPETITE!!!
- Rachel

1 comment: