Thursday, May 26, 2011

Go fly a KITE (cards)

My scrappy pal Laura made a beautiful card with a kite paper pierced on it and I knew I was in love, with the idea ;)   So I scoured the web for the perfect kite template for my paper piercing and made a series of fun kite cards.
I love the warm tons with the cool blue sky on this card.
Lora taught me her little kite string trick... she cut the ends off of a tooth pick then wrapped string around it as well as gluing it to the kite.  I think this just adds to the kites charm!  So realistic! 
I am excited to say that I used a Cuttle Bug to emboss for the first time with the yellow card stock background on this card!  I never had an interest in one until I played with my friend, Misti's during our last craft night!  I love the texture it adds!!! 
My cute little kite string! 
And this card is a little blah and boring but I love the quote I made for it :)
Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to let me know you were here!!!
~Rachel

1 comment: