Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentines Vignettes ...

My vintage vignette in the foyer.
My favorite reproduction piece from TJ Maxx with my handmade Valentines and my vintage hankie that inspired my color palate!
Vase I already had and my Dollar Tree peonies and picks.
One of my Milk Glass vessels with Dollar Tree flocked and glitter heart.
My latest and greatest Milk Glass vessel! $3 yesterday at Somewhere in Time antique co-op!
A close up of the vignette. Valentines downloaded (for FREE) from this site http://vintageholidaycrafts.com/ . Also to the very left is my NEW and LOVELY blue bird that I bargained down to $2.99. His beak is a little chipped but I think it gives him character!
Yummy- who wants a Milk Chocolate Dove Caramel candy???
Not to Valentine-y but I got this charming bird cage for $5 at the same antique store as the $3 milk glass vessel, yesterday. I spray painted it black (it was the same color as the chess board underneath) and added the skeleton key, tassel and ribbon to it!
My 'sophisticated' dinning room table scape ;)
I debated whether or not to decorate for Valentine's Day this year. 1- that is very unlike me, I love ANY and ALL holidays. 2- I couldn't find my good Valentine's wreathes for my double front doors. And 3- I have just not in a very creative mood and it has been my experience that when you just aren't into something, it shows!



But I had a change of heart! I found my beloved wreaths. Which got me in the mood to admire all of my Valentines Day decorations I hadn't seen in a whole year. Which, in turn, sparked my creativity! Spending every other day in my local antique and thrift shops have been equally inspiring.



I decided to go with a light Robin's egg blue, pink and traditional red for my foyer. I used the vintage milk glass collection I already had with the addition of my new one (photo above). I opted to fill my candy dishes with our favorite candy, my vases and vessels with silk peonies (which are my favorites and very hard to find in Florida) and glittery and flocked hearts that I purchased from the Dollar Tree!
The dinning room is more vintage traditional, with classic kid decorations mixed with Tiffany silver and bone China! Who says you have to be serious and formal all the time?

3 comments:

  1. Ok I love, love, love this.
    Can you tell I love this.teehee.

    I was thinking of decorating for Valentines, now I think I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! This is fabulous!!! I cannot get over how amazing it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG..you are welcome to come to my house and "pimp my home"...LOL Your eye for deco is fantastic.. I adore the valentines set up...fab!!
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete