Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nifty 50's Sock Hop

Teacher Appreciation Luncheon! Yay, done! I am so glad it is O*V*E*R!!! I was the PTA Chairperson for the entire week of TA Week events. I worked really hard planning this particular event . And I had a team of three hard working ladies that did anything I asked of them and stepped up when others did not want to be bothered. Olive Garden donated 7 jumbo salads and 100 bread sticks. We then purchased the main entree from them since they generously earned our business! Let me add that the lasagna was the meatiest and tastiest I have ever had, other than my own. It was a true unexpected surprise. I was very impressed by their lasagna and that it is pretty hard to impress me, food wise! Our local grocery store, Publix, donated all of the delicious desserts for the teachers!My 3 fabulous committee members! They truly were work horses! Willing to do anything that needed to be finished for the luncheon. I never had to ask them to pick something up and do it, I never had to ask for a cooler leak to be mopped, I didn't have to remind them to go out and pick up our lunch order, I didn't have to ask them to clean up and I didn't have to remind them a thousand times before the big event to be at the school on time! They were a dream come true! And I truly appreciated all their help :)And my little squirt, who just could NOT resist monkeying around with the guitar and the juke box! He is such a good sport, tags along with me for everything I volunteer for and never complains other than being hungry!

Ok, tomorrows event is a little snack bag with granola bars and water bottles... I'm ready!
TFR!
Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel!! Looks like it was a great success! I'm sure those teachers were so happy!!! And those desserts look so yummy!!! Way to go!
    audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you and your team. Those pastry's look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a blast! (And I LOVE Olive Garden!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely appreciate everything you and your volunteers did for that luncheon if I were the teachers. Everything looks great! Including the yummy desserts. I wish we had a Publix grocery store in my neck of the woods. When we visited Florida, the store and employees were so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You really went nuts. I'm sure the teachers really felt appreciated.

    I need your help. I want to make iron transfers/t-shirts for my son's first grade class as an end of the year gift, but I can't think of a quote. I thought of you because you are AWESOME with kids stuff and I loved the Smartie Pants idea!!
    Any ideas??
    Help me please!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete