Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

First and foremost, thank you to all the veterans and men and women that are currently serving our country! I am honored to be the daughter of a Korean War veteran. Yup, that's my Pops in the photo below. Wasn't he handsome!?!?! He is 80 today and still a model veteran, helping and serving others. I am super proud of my Daddy!
I hope you all have a fabulous celebration planned for today! I know I do :) We are going to our friends house for a big ol' feast and swimming! I made Greek Pasta Salad complete with homemade potato salad! Lemon Bars. And Flamingo Buffalo Chicken Dip!!!

I even made the hostess a fun Backyard BBQ gift Basket (details on this in a later entry) complete with a tag book of great summer recipes I traded in a recent swap!

I also made cute little gift bags for all the kids, all 22 of them today!!!
Have a fantabulous day!
Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Memorial Day post and thanks for the party/hostess ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, you get my vote for mom of the year! We had marshmallows...that's as good as it got, lol. Good thing your kids don't know my kids. Too much pressure:)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you are so proud of your dad.
    Recipe trade swap sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for your Dad!! That is AWESOME!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo of him!! And loving what U made!!! Very COOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete