Monday, March 8, 2010

Orange Yogurt Bundt Cake {recipe}

Ingredients :
2 c flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
zest of 2 navel oranges
juice of 2 navel oranges
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 t vanilla extract

Check out the live action zesting photo!
Between zesting and beating (the cake!) Slice up a fresh, juicy orange for your little ones! There is no way I can cook with an orange and my kids not sniff it out! I am glad I live in the Sunshine State with bountiful orange trees!
Mix the orange rind and sugar, well, to release the oils from the orange zest. Beat the eggs into the sugar mixture, combine yogurt, orange juice, vanilla and oil... mix well. Add the remaining dry ingredients and continue to mix.
Spray your bundt pan with Pam and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until your cake tester comes out of the cake clean!
While the cake is cooling on a rack, make your citrus syrup.
Ingredients:
juice of 2 navel oranges
4 T sugar
In a heavy sauce pan, stir and bring to a boil until the sugar melts.
Poke the cake, several times with a fork, then drench the cake with the citrus syrup!
The syrup waiting, patiently, for the cake ;)
Ah... finally... they meet!
And they come together in cakeful bliss!!!!
The dollop of whip cream solidifies their commitment!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh My that looks delish.
    I so want that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I left you an award on my blog, come and get it when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete