Sunday, September 27, 2009

5 w*EEK*s and counting ... our decorations are up!

So, I usually start decorating for Halloween the last weekend of September (the longer to enjoy all the hard work of decorating!), but it seemed to fall early this year! Anyway, my hubby was out of town for the night so I hauled out *ALL* of the Halloween tubs with the help of my nephews Girlfriend, Jessica, and my three sons ;) Honestly, they were the best helpers.... Here is the dining room table scape I do for all the holidays, that is about as useful as I find my dining room! Who put carpet in a dining room, stupid builder!?!?!? So, we ate in there once in 4 years!
Remember the lantern I altered? I decided it would like nice on a cake plate as this years grand Marshall of the Halloween decoration parade ;) What an honor!
It was so pretty and ambient all lit up!
The DR with all the lights on (booooo.... it is better with mood lighting ;)
My mini Halloween Village... I will take some closeups at a later date.
The Pottery Barn knock off I made a few years ago for our countdown advent. The shrunken head is there for a reason, it is a motion sensor and helps me figure out who keeps sneaking in the pantry!
MY FAVORITE! All the vintage style decor!
These three Day of the Dead looking pals are my very FAVORITO pieces! I bought them at Marshalls about 3 years ago! I did leave them out last year for an extra couple of months JUST CAUSE I LOVED THEM SO.... but it really messed with my head looking at them with the Christmas decorations. I felt like Tim Burton.
These 2 Punkin heads are also my second runner up favorites! When you think of Halloween decorations of days gone by, dontcha think of paper mache and silver tinsel? I do.
My front foyer. Simple fun greeting. Oh and you can't see the 8 ft mechanical Grime Reaper 2 feet away from my simple, pleasant greeting! I have orange twinkle lights in the houses... it is festive and alot safer than the dozen votives it would require. The houses are also from Marshalls and Target, from 4-2 yrs ago. The felt wreath was from Target about 10 yrs ago, sadly, I didn't make it!The boys with the Jack-O-Lantern display they made at the front door! They were the best helpers!!!
The mish mash table in the living room. BTW- that burgundy chair is visiting us while my Mom moves into her apartment here, I am not a fan of burgundy, so it will be going to it's new home later today!
The bar over the kitchen sink, the catchall for the candy dishes and candle holders! I still had 6 Rubbermaid tubs that I left untouched! I think someone is going to be very happy at Goodwill when they find all the goodies I am going to donate!
A little something in the kitchen! Ugh, I kick myself for not buying more of these cute little ceramic jars at the Dollar Tree a few years ago!
The bread corner got some love, too!
The kitchen table, limited decor because we actually EAT HERE! I have plans for the empty cake plates.... stay tuned ;)
TFL and Happyyyyyy Halloweeeeeeeeen!
Don't forget to link your decorations and crafts for Halloween here!
x0x0
Rachel

8 comments:

  1. Hey Rach! I always love to look at your halloween decorations every year. They are amazing again this year! I have some of my blog and we'll be adding more throughout October...Here's my link..http://getsboredeasily.blogspot.com

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so great wow I wish we had more stuff here in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you go all out!! I love the Halloween village. I wish I ahd somewhere to put one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! love all your displays, makes me want to pull out my boxes, even though I have no kids at home to enjoy it this year. I do love Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks so cute. I just finished adding the last of my fall decorations and I now have to add Halloween to it. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! everything looks great! I put decorations up, and lights outside...you make me want to do more:)

    ReplyDelete