Thursday, May 14, 2009

My attempt at making Bakerella's Cake Pops!

If you have not checked out this blog (what rock do you live under!!! JK) YOU MUST GO NOW : http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/04/make-your-cupcakes-pop.html I have been an admirer of her delectable goodies for several months now but just yesterday decided to finally attempt her cake pops!
Start with cake mix, can of frosting, 4 bags of chocolate melts (2 different colors), red M&M's (my boys loved picking out the red ones for me!) and lollipop sticks. I also recommend buying Styrofoam or Oasis to hold the pops in place to decorate and display.
Bake your cake according to the boxes directions. Let it cool to room temperature, 2-3 hours.Mix the can of icing with the cake...
Mix thoroughly!
Form into 2inch balls and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
Push the bottom through a 1 1/2 inch scalloped flower mini cookie cutter and the top will form a mound, like the top of a 'cupcake'.
Dip the bottom in a color you would like to resemble a cupcake wrapper. I punched holes in plastic cups to hold the pops as I dipped them.
I opted to remove the sticks since I forgot to buy Styrofoam blocks. I think they look great as truffles! My husband totally approved and that is saying alot! I made these for my son's Principal Honor Roll Award Ceremony tonight (potluck dessert) and had to BEG him to stop eating them!

5 comments:

  1. you did a great job...I so love making these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look FAB! I'm jealous you tried them, I gotta get my butt in gear (Yesterday I bought a book of 100 cupcake recipes!!)

    So cute, they turned out GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! i might try to make these for my daughters class!!
    ~adrienneK~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try these myself. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete