Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thrift Store Treasures!!!!!!

I stopped in to my local Goodwill with the kiddos JUST TO SEE WHAT THEY HAD... we all know how that sentence ends! Said browser leaves with a cart full of treasures! Last time I was at Goodwill, I saw a wedding cake topper and thought that I would like to have a cute little collection of them. I decided to forgo that purchase with much regret. BUT I did find this cake topper on Friday and decided it was too precious to pass up. I never had a 'proper' wedding, so I never got to shop for and enjoy my own special wedding topper with my groom. I, honestly, can't believe anyone would dispose of such a treasured memento but then again, the marriage could have ended in divorce or death. I chose not to think of those possibilities but rather to celebrate the promise of their love and happiness on that very day! I may not have had a wedding celebration in the traditional sense (because my groom promised me a house that he did indeed buy me before we even got married!) but I do have a happy marriage and THE best husband a girl could ever hope for!

Oh, by the way- it was only a DOLLAR!

I have a strange affinity for cookware, bowls and serving platters! I couldn't pass this covered beauty up for the $4 price tag!

I didn't think I needed a syrup pitcher BUT I DID! Also a DOLLAR!

A pictures worth a thousand words and this little gem was only $.75 :)



Thanks for enjoying my shopping trip with me!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment