Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shopping adventures at IKEA!

I can admit I have a strange love affiar with the cheap Swedish import store. I really don't even know why, I am not a modern furnishing kind of gal. I love farmhouse style ... hmmm, go figure! Perhaps it is the laid back Swedish lifestyle? Maybe it is the carefree European fantasy of living in a loft and sipping on coffee and nippling on cheese all afternoon? Could it be the bright, uplifting colors throughout the store? The sleek, cool and refreshing lines of the kitchen cabinetry? I really can't say but I can tell you I just love being there... it is a weee little bit of Europe in South Florida!

{The Mammut chair for Nicky's desk ---> http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20099496 }


So I have been to the new Tampa IKEA twice in the past week :) Hey, it just opened 2 weeks ago so I am just ubber excited at it's close proximity to my house! I really wanted to share {some} of the goodies we bought the past week! I love the shapes and the colors and the flavors and the feel of it all! If you have never been to IKEA, RUN.. DON'T WALK!
{the Jules chair for Johnny and Zach's desk ----> http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19848319 }
{the Pyra wok I have been telling John I need and that he tells me I don't, today he was at work and I was alone and I decided I needed it! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10112375 }

{the hand wash only available at the Tampa location- it smells yummy!}

No Rachel blog entry would be complete without the joy of food! These cheese is so sharp, it is scrumptious :) I have to admit, I really enjoy capping off my Ikea shopping experience in the marketplace! No surprise there, huh!?!?!? I love the Greve with the Leksands Crispbread (also from the marketplace!)

Not leave with a few bars of Swedish chocolate, are you crazy????

A peek at my dessert from the cafe, the Daim Torte! YUM!

Have fun!
x0x0
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. We were in Tampa Saturday, and went right by. We ALMOST stopped. I definitly have to make a trip over there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that chair!! I WISH I had a IKEA near me :(

    ReplyDelete