Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Miscellaneous China =

Chic Spring Tiered Dessert Tray
I can not tell you how thrilled I am to have made this vintage style dessert tray!  I am over the moon!  I bought the Noriaki tea cups (a little chipped and well loved) from a yard sale for a dime a piece last Spring.  The plates also came from a few different yard sales, I doubt I paid more than fifty cents for each one.   
The bottom mug was brown that I spray painted white to lift it a little higher than the rest of the cups, this way it can house cuppy cakes or Napoleans! 
I adhered everything with Gorilla Glue.  Man, I love that stuff!!! 
Not to sure, but I may add something whimsical on the top tier but I have to go thrift hunting first.  Oh, no, did I ust find the perfect excuse to go junk hunting!?!?  Silly me! 
I do have to give credit to Super Walmart for my prop cookies!  The white chocolate covered shortbread cookes were irrestiable with the lime green polka dots!!!  And my boys favorite sugar cookies were a hit with the pastel sprinkles on top!
Liking up with Wow Us Wednesday#10 @ http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/



~Rachel

8 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!Very clever use of odds and ends. What type of glue did you use to put it together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I'm still trying to decide if the melamine one I made needs something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever and creative is this. I love it. It looks wonderful and such a great serving piece. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just precious! I love it and how perfect it would be to use it at a tea party.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry LeeAnn - I didn't realize I hadn't posted the glue... I used Gorilla Glue! I love that stuff! It is prob not food safe, that is why most of the goodies are in cupcake wrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea! Now I need to find some extra coffee cups and plates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! And there are those beautiful cookies again. I need to check out Walmart. ;-)

    ReplyDelete