Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pot of Dirt {cake}

You get this ^^^
From this ^^^
Start out by making your pudding, I made 3 boxes of instant chocolate pudding. Then make your cupcakes, chocolate ones, as the mix box directs.
Pulsate your Oreos in the food processor, to look like dirt.
See... dirt!
Line a brand new, unused and CLEAN terracotta flower pot with Press and Seal, it sticks to the side and doesn't need to hang over the pot to secure itself. It works so well for this project! I also put a plastic lid on the bottom to secure the drainage hole.
Begin layering your cake, I cut up and made the chocolate cake my first layer.
Then I added a layer of pudding and WORMS!!! Repeat these 3 steps until the pot is full.
AH, we are in the home stretch!
Look at all the empty cup cake wrappers! I was good and only nibbled on one cake top!
Add the Oreo crumbs and your gummy worms and frogs to complete the Pot of Dirt!!!
I bought a brand new shovel for only $.50, to use only for my Pot of Dirt cakes in the future! I have a feeling this cake will be making an appearance at the next birthday party!
I made a few little labels for the cake, just so the parents at my 4yr olds pre-school graduation would know, this really was EDIBLE!!!!
I think the addition of gummy frogs was a nice touch with the worms!!!
TFL!
Rachel

7 comments:

  1. Ok...that is sooooooooooooooooooo YUMMY and soooooooooooooooooooo COOL! U ROCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!!! I'm sure it will be a big hit for graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Thanks for reminding me of this -this will make a great B-day cake idea for my soon to be 7 year old. He loves bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks great, I am sure the kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! I have a similar recipe that uses Oreo cookies instead of the cake..not being a huge Oreo fan the cake "dirt" looks yumm-O!

    ReplyDelete