Monday, April 5, 2010

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

I made this moist, buttery, pineapply delish cake for Easter and had to share the yummy-ness with you! It is so simple, thanks to Betty Crocker! You have just got to try this recipe ....
In the oven, melt 1/4 cup of butter in a 13x9 cake pan. Add 1 cup brown sugar. Arrange the pineapple slices on top of the butter/ brown sugar mixture and place a maraschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
Make the pineapple cake batter according to the Betty Crocker instructions. Pour the batter over the pineapples. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes at 350.
Turn upside down and release the cake onto a platter. Good luck resisting the smell and not devouring the cake before you are able to show it off to your family!
XOXO~
Rachel

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy - this looks yummy! Fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look good. My dh would love something like that. May have to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering, so Yummy.
    I know from experience as I have made this before very Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to try this...this is similar to my mom's...my mouth is watering..thanks for making me hungry for it.

    ReplyDelete