Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nothing says Fall like ....

Candy apples! I will, happily, admit that I cheat and use the candy apple kit from Concord! It is a buck and all I add is my own apples, sugar, water and time. Simple enough! You do need a candy thermometer to successfully make the candy apples. I bought mine many many years ago from Williams Sonoma on a whim and it has been my most treasured kitchen purchase to date!
I must make another confession, I can no longer eat the apple right off the stick. As I get older, common sense prevails and I don't feel like pulling my front teeth out by the roots! I cut it into slices and enjoy every last drop!
~Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! I've made caramel apples before but never candy ones. I would like to try these. To bad we don't have that store where I live.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete