Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Holy Guacamole!

Let's just say the Haas Avocado's were calling my name at the grocery store this morning! I am not a menu planner and I make lists for the grocery store of what I have coupons for, the rest I just wing it! I purchase the same meats and veggies and starches, bring them home and let them inspire me. So it should be no surprise that I decide to buy guacamole ingredients just cause the avocados were screaming BUY ME!!!! I finely chop a clove of garlic, 1/2 a small yellow onion, a small ripe tomato and 2 -3 ripe, soft avocados.
Add the juice of one lime and 1 tsp of ground cumin and 1 tsp salt. Mash the avocado with a fork then mix it all together with a spoon. It tastes better if it macerates for a few hours but needs to be eaten within 2 days (the citric acid from the lime will help keep the avocado from oxidizing).
ENJOY~
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Guacamole...I just don't like it...but I'm also a person who doesn't like cake either :)

    ReplyDelete