Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nothing says MERRY CHRISTMAS like 83 degrees

and bright blue, sunny skies in my beautiful Florida!!! From the field right to the Farmer's Market... pure bliss!!!Nicky (my littlest offspring) and I stopped in at Strawberry Palace, a quaint little Farmer's Market off our little highway here. They have a sprawling field of freshly planted strawberries surrounding the market. Nothing says fresher than picking the berries and boxing them up and selling them 10 feet away from the field! And trust me, they tasted, sweet and delectable :) The The star of the show when it comes to Florida fresh produce.... Citrus! Here is some purdy pink grapefruit.Florida tomatoes- perfect for salsa and fresh tortilla chips!!!! (it is so sunny out... you can actually see the sun beaming in almost all of the photos!)









We grow zucchini and yellow squash in my part of Florida, also :) And, OMG, do they both taste SCRUMPTIOUS with olive oil and garlic salt on the grill .... wowsers!I am really not trying to rub it in... but look at this majestic sky! GORGEOUS!Sorry if seems like I am rubbing MY beautiful Florida in your face... but I just can't help it!!!!
xoxoxox!
Rachel

1 comment: