Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pasta Salad

I made a quicker version of my pasta salad for my sons birthday party tomorrow. I used 2 boxes of Tri-Color Roteli, cooked as directed on the package; a can of pitted olives, that I slice into a few pieces; a strained can of chick peas; a diced tomato; a diced fresh red pepper; a full bottle of Good Seasons Italian Dressing and 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese ....
Strain the pasta and the cans of olives and chick peas.
A few of the goodies waiting for the rest of their fellow yummy ingredients!
All tossed and ready to chill in the fridge for at least a day! Re-mix before you serve! A few tips, it is best to make it a day ahead for the ingredients have a chance to marry. I prefer yellow pepper but couldn't find it at the Farmers Market. I also add chopped pepperoni the day I serve it :) You can add Provolone cheese for a little something extra... I don't really like it, so I leave it out!

Enjoy!
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Have fun today with your son's birthday and I too am so glad you found out before everyone was exposed to the flu. I always love reading your fun and energetic blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so easy and looks so yummy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy. I adapted a recipe for a hot pasta dish into pasta salad last year. It's a huge hit with my friends. The orignial recipe was on Becky Higgin's blog. I thought it was for Pasta Salad and didn't realize it until I went to make it that it wasn't. By then I wanted a cold dish and not hot, so I changed it. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete