Monday, April 6, 2009

How to : Shrinky Dink Charms

I am participating in PrincessEmilie's Wizard of Oz charm swap over at 2Peas http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2754447
Since I was granted late entry, I thought it was only appropriate to ask what charms were still needed and I was given the SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW! Wow, a rainbow, my favorite thing right now! So let';s begin.... it is super simple and not very time consuming!!!! Here are the supplies I start with : a 10 pack of Shrinky Dink sheets (found at Michaels for $6.99), Sharpies to give my charm bright vivid colors, jump rings and spring clasps (swap requirements), pliers to hold and attach the jump rings, and MOST IMPORTANTLY a hole punch! You *MUST* punch the holes BEFORE you bake the Dinks!
I found a coloring sheet image on the net of a rainbow and colored it myself. Remember, the Shrinky Dinks shrink to 1/3 their original size, keep this in mind as you make your image. I colored and stamped on OVER THE RAINBOW, then cut around the shape and punched my hole. Bake at 325 for 3 minutes.
Here they are all shrunk after baking. I ALWAYS use Parchment Paper. Assemble the jump ring and clasp after the cool off (about 10 minutes).
All ready to package and assemble! I will be mailing them to Ohio tomorrow morning!
TFL :)

6 comments:

  1. these are so cute! I love them and can't wait to have mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so cute!!!Thank you for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I remember these things from back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I did 86 shrinky-dink charms for Creative Escape last year...can't believe I'm doing charms again for SIS Live...hopefully only about 30 or so...that way I can make them a little more elaborate.

    Are you in Plant City, then? That's where our strawberries here in Michigan come from in the late winter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love shrinky dink charms. . .Played around with them over the summer making "hambly" shrinky dink charm necklaces. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel...I love these and your tutorial is great! Also love how you packaged your charms.

    Hope

    ReplyDelete