Friday, September 3, 2010

1 + 1 = FUN!

I decided to venture out to a different Goodwill not to far from my house. It was much smaller and not the size of the "super store" 3 minutes from my house. In fact, I think the smaller store actually had a bigger and better variety of home goods. That is why I hunt for goodies in the thrift stores, home goods, not clothes. They had a great array of dishes, glasses, table runners and center piece hopefuls! My only issue is their pricing. I do think $30 is a bit too much for a compote dish in a thrift store. I would expect that in an antique store... not a thrift store! Heck, I would even respect the price tag if it was Stafforshire or Spode! Nah... it looked like it was right off the shelf at Kirklands!
I did, however, score this very dark brown candle pedestal for $2 and the cloche (cheese dome!) for a buck! As it stands now, empty and waiting for Fall inspiration. So you see, I put the two odd pieces together for a little fun!!!! I know it will soon be brimming with lovely little tidbits... stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping by!
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Great finds. They are both wonderful. I can't wait to see what you do inside and don't forget the Fall Cloche Party on Sept. 17th. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will look great filled. And, $3 is a great deal. I'd be surprised too to see a $30 price tag at GW on something like that. At least you came out with a keeper at a great price!

    Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete