Friday, March 15, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Key Lime Pie

In keeping up with my weekly pie theme, I made a fresh squeezed key lime pie from a pound of key limes I bought over the past weekend (*Aldi)! I did cheat and used a store bought graham cracker pie shell!

The pie turned out delicious but definitely more tart than the bottle of Rosie's Key Lime juice I normally use!

One store bought graham cracker pie shell
2/3 cup fresh squeezed key lime juice, about a pound
3 egg yolks
One can sweet and condensed milk (14 oz.)
Zest from 2 key limes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Blend all of the ingredients together with an electric mixer for about a minute. Pour into pie shell and back for about 20 minutes. Let cool down for about an hour and chill overnight or 4 hours. Serve with lots of whipped cream!!!

*On a side note, I really love shopping at Aldi! While I will always consider myself a Publix girl, Aldi has never disappointed me! I have purchased all of my baking essentials there for a few years now and their quality is unwavering! Their butter is always the least expensive as is their sugar and flour! I love their fresh produce section, albeit, small and unglamorous in comparison to Publix, it is extremely affordable! But you do have to inspect your fruits and veggies from them carefully, it's always worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment