Welcome to my art room! Come on in, I would love to give you a little tour!
You are looking at the view you see as you enter the double doors from the front foyer. Today is a good day, there is no clutter or projects on the floor! You can actually see CARPET!
And a boy hogging my new office chair that I bought last week from Ikea! This kid and I fight over that chair whenever Dad is at the desk in my art room (because everyone loves Mama's Art Room!)!!!
Side view of my work area. I work part-time from home so the desktop is a vital member of the art room alliance! It unifies the room (and attracts the 4 males to invade Mama's space!)
Can you see my beloved Coke crate that I use on my desk for crafty knick-knack organizing??? It is very important to have color sorted buttons and glitter inches away from you at all times!
My refurbished night stand that I painted white and use as a Cricut station. I have no patience so I had my beloved hubster paint the checkerboard pattern on for me. He did a bang up job!!!
And all of my favorite Martha Stewart punches that I keep housed in these little cubbies! Atop sits one of my Mother In Laws silver plated trays with a tin full of hand stamps and de-covered books that I use for crafting. I hate defacing books but believe me, these were well loved books from the thrift store that I am breathing new life into when I use them to make flowers!
My very favorite part of my room, my Ikea Expedit shelves, chock full of supplies, collections, tidbits, cookbooks, oddles and oddles of ribbon, punches and more!
My junky shelves, full of JUNK! Hehe!
One of my new cards and my rainbow-riffic jar of embroidery floss (that I bought cause it was $1 at Goodwill!)
Lastly and most importantly, my color sorted scraps! I would be nothing if it weren't for my scraps! Seriously. I use these for EVERYTHING, and so do my boys!
There is no scrap too big or too small for cards, tags, flowers, punching circles or covering a jar... truly, the possibilities for scraps are endless!!!
Linking up with :
and Show Off Your Space at Tator Tots and Jello : http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-dining-room-turned-craft-roomoffice.html
Thanks for stopping by!
~Rachel





Oh wow, what a fabulous space. I love it. Everything is so beautifully organized and displayed. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty
ReplyDeleteOMG I am so jealous! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have my own space. This house is tiny though (1200 sq. feet) and only 3 bedrooms. The girls already have to share a room, so me getting my own space will never happen!
ReplyDeleteI love your craft room!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh I love your space!!!! Kick those boys OUT!!!! Dad oughta know better.....lol. I'm working on my own room and I am calling it off limits to my guys (5 boys and one grown boy....my fiance)Girls only!!! :)
ReplyDeleteRachel, This is such a fabulous space and look how organized you are! I am totally envious.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sherry
I love & want this room!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great room to create in! Just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love your craft room!! I am moving soon and I get to have my own craft room, I am super excited!! I found your blog through Dittle dattle and I am now your newest follower. Come check me out if you get a chance..
ReplyDeleteNoplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com
I used the larger 5 by 5 Expedit in my new Craft Room that I worked on this week. Sadly mine still has to be our eldest's bedroom when he is home visiting, so I haven't got large open spaces. But love the idea of putting a comfy chair in there.
ReplyDeletehttp://ukzoe.blogspot.com/2011/03/more-details-on-great-craft-room.html
that's some art room! i spy lots of gumball machines, super fun. your coke crate is a great idea for little items, too.
ReplyDeleteI too am in LOVE with the Expedit shelving. I have yet to convince my husband to buy me the big unit though (I want the one with the desk attached). I also love the "scrap" bins. Fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the color-coded scrap file boxes. What a great way to store those bits.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!
ReplyDeleteYour crafting space is amazing! I love the way you store your scraps, mine are in a shoe box and I really have to dig to find what I'm looking for. I might have to borrow your idea!
ReplyDeleteVery organized!
ReplyDeleteP.S. love your little "I blog to hide from laundry button".
Love your scrap organization and the fact that you share with your kiddos. Came over from Tatertots & Jello! Off to look around the rest of your blog!
ReplyDeletegreat organization! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that scrap storage system. I have yet to find a system that works for me, but I think I have to give that one a shot! Beautiful space. :)
ReplyDeleteJealous!!!
ReplyDeleteI have actually thought of the file cabinet and door desk idea before. I'd love to see if someone tried it!.
Thank you for sharing :)
I love the way you store your scraps!
ReplyDeleteSerious color-sorted-scrap envy. =)
ReplyDeleteRachel, what a great space! I love the gallery wall. So glad I came across your blog. I'm a new follower.
ReplyDeleteI love your scrap storage...such a great idea!!
ReplyDeleteawesome! I shared your link on my facebook wall (to your blog). I gave them one photo to get an idea... they'll have to come here to see the rest of your great ideas! :) http://www.facebook.com/sweetlyscrapped
ReplyDeleteI love the scrap storage and want to give a try.
ReplyDeleteWhat size are the postal boxes you used?
Did you just 'eyeball' them to look like a magazine holder?
THANKS!
Brandy Yearous
brc23 @ hotmail.com
Great art room and I love the re-purposed items that you're using. I love hunting for storage and organization items at my local thrift stores. Bringing them home and making them useful is a craft project in itself! More fun than screwing together shelves and racks from Ikea. That's no fun to me! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Amazing! I can only dream of having a craft room like your one day! It's sooo cool!
ReplyDeletei love your space. I am looking for ideas and yours are great. Really like the cricut table!I am a work in progress! But arent we all.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing your ideas. I'm linking them up to Scrapbook News and Review :)
ReplyDeleteLove your scrap bins!
ReplyDeleteI've just discovered the site on Pinterest, so I'm a little late to the party...lol! Your room is great. I love my room, but sure wish I had room for a chair -- other than my desk chair, of course!
ReplyDeleteCAS
I am so glad to have run across your pics on Pinterest. I'm a scrapbooker & love your scrap paper storage. I already have some magazine holders, some of which I've even already altered. I hope I like it better than the divided portfolio box I currently use. I despise having to pull out ALL the scraps to get to the bottom.
ReplyDeletewaauuww .. awesome, i really want my room like that ..
ReplyDeletewaauuww .. awesome, i really want my room like that ..
ReplyDeletewauww .. awesome place
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog thru pinterest and signed up to follow. Love your scrap storage and hope that you don't mind, but I am gonna have to scrap-lift your idea. If you would like to visit/follow back you can find me at http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI was wondering how big your room is and where did you get the bins you use to organize scraps? Thanks for a great post!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the scrap paper storage idea. Just made mine for my craft room after saving cereal boxes for a few months. Can't wait to fill them up!
ReplyDeleteFound your scrap storage idea months ago on Pinterest. Just made mine tonight with the cereal boxes I've saved for months. Can't wait to fill them up! Thanks again and happy paper crafting!
ReplyDeleteI would be very proud if my craft room looked like this. Will try you have some good ideas here. xx
ReplyDeleteI, too, have an art room - and I don't have to share it with anyone!!! My four boys are grown and out on their own although several grandchildren like to make cards in Grammy's room!!! I love how you have sorted things - great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
ReplyDeletePS. I saw your color sorter on Pinterest and had to find out more!
just saw a pic on pinterest, so had to check out your blog. I love your art room. Awesome!!!
ReplyDelete